Online Teaching in the Digital Age by Pat Swenson and Nancy A. Taylor provides educators with the essential knowledge needed to successfully develop and teach an online course. Throughout this practical hands-on guide, the authors offer 15 years of personal online teaching experience in language accessible to both the novice and advanced online educator. Developed through theory and practice, the text shows educators how to take the materials used in a traditional classroom and transfer them to a new virtual environment. Additionally, it gives educators the confidence and skills needed to run real-time (synchronous) and time-arranged (asynchronous) online discussions. Most reassuring of all, this book shows that few traditional course elements need to change in order to start teaching online!
- Delves into the inner workings of Learning Management Systems, enabling instructors to select the right system for their class
- Examines a variety of innovative educational applications currently available on the Internet
- Provides personal examples and guidance to create and maintain an efficacious virtual learning environment
- Provides helpful suggestions, such as a semester-end checklist, to assist with the introspection process and a guide to virtual classroom etiquette
- Includes a comprehensive appendix, featuring samples of online syllabi and schedules
- Includes a bonus section on how to incorporate streaming audio and video, as well as popular features such as Facebook, Google Docs & Blogger, UStream, and YouTube
How to Order Your Copy
You may purchase Online Teaching in the Digital Age from
A Special Offer from the Authors
For those who purchase our book, we have created a Facebook page for Online Teaching in the Digital Age! Pat and Nancy are available to answer your questions and concerns about teaching online courses. Please join our online community and click like!